As March 20, 2014 – the first day of spring – slowly approaches so does the need for an updated spring décor. Whether you have thought about totally redesigning several rooms in your house or simply just repainting a few rooms now is the best time to start. The sooner you complete your redesign, the more time you will have to enjoy it, so what are you waiting for? Here are a few ideas to get you started and help inspire your new spring décor.
Start with Your Color Selection
Before you can start selecting paints, materials and patterns, fixtures, or other décor items, you must first choose the colors you wish to incorporate into your design. Since you are doing a spring redesign, you will likely want to incorporate bright colors that inspire as sense of warmth and fresh growth. So to help, here are Pantone.com’s top ten colors for spring 2014:
- Dazzling Blue
- Violet Tulip
- Radiant Orchid
- Celosia Orange
- Placid Blue
After you have selected your color pallet, you can then move forward with your design. There are many design styles you can peruse and many different elements you can include. The important thing is to do what you like; after all you will be the one living there. Here are a few ideas to help make your design stand out in 2014.
Hot Ideas to Incorporate
- Flowers – Accent your design by including fresh cut spring flowers
- Raw Materials – Include furniture and tables that are made with raw wood, metal, or stone
- Honey-Tone Woods – Lighten up your space with furniture made from walnut, oak, or cherry woods
- Bring the Outdoors In – Incorporate earth tones and spring colors, as well as outdoor styled furniture to make the inside of your home feel like your back yard
- Decorate with Copper – Incorporate copper design elements into your redesign, such as copper light fixtures, backsplash, cabinet hardware, and other accent items
- Patterns – Select pillows, curtains, and other fabric elements that have rich patterns that match and accent your design style and colors
Enjoy Your New Space
Throughout the hard work of your redesign, it may not seem worth it, but once you finish your design you will have the satisfaction and pride of knowing that you created this new space. So once you have finished your design, feel free to sit back and relax in your new spring oasis, after all you deserve it. Oh, and you might want to plan an Easter dinner or other family and friend gatherings to show off your new space and be further rewarded for your hard work.
If you have any additional ideas or tips for a fresh spring décor, please tell us in the comments section below!